I feel that there are rules for etiquette in all of life’s situations.
Even when you play poker.
Manners for a game at home are a little more relaxed, but still apply.
Here are five rules of etiquette for you and your poker playing friends.
1. Food and drinks will most likely be served. Please be courteous and don’t make a mess – especially on the felt-covered playing table. It’s no fun to play on a soiled table.
2. When making a bet, never splash the pot. It makes it difficult to keep track of who bet what if everyone just tosses in their chips.
3. Discard chips and cards to the side, making it easier for the dealer to dispense fresh cards for the next hand.
4. Keep chatter to a minimum while playing. Your fellow players may need a bit of silence to determine their next move.
5. Leave the sunglasses at home – especially at night. This is not the World Series of Poker.