January 9, 2012 in Etiquette
Most of us will find ourselves taking the elevator now and again. Perhaps you use one everyday.
There are a few things to remember when sharing an elevator with your fellow man. Or woman.
1. Please wait until everyone that needs to get out of the elevator does so until you get in. There is nothing more annoying than trying to make your way out while someone just cannot wait a few seconds to get in. The elevator isn’t going anywhere. Hold on, Cowboy.
2. Even though you might be crushed in like sardines, never touch your riding mates. I’m sure I don’t even have to tell you this, but if I do, just don’t. Or expect to lose a hand.
3. Same goes for staring. Please don’t stare anywhere except for the buttons or the floor numbers.
4. No humming or singing. Really? Don’t be that guy.
5. Go ahead and say hello/good morning/good evening when you board. That’s fine.
6. Everyone wants to smell fresh, but think before you slather up with Axe body spray. You are not The Situation. Thank goodness. A little dab will do. Seriously. No one should smell your perfume or cologne unless they are giving you a hug. And isn’t that who it is meant for? The person you really want to get close up with?
7. If you are waiting to board the elevator, and it shows up packed to the gills. Wait for the next one. Or take the stairs – even healthier.
Do you have any suggestions for making riding the elevator more pleasant?